And it was amazing!
The class was challenging, it pushed me mentally and physically, but it also left me super relaxed - I was floating on a zen cloud for the entire day, and no hiccup could knock me off!
As well as being super relaxing (and making you more willing to pose for sweaty pictures), Hot Bikram Yoga can seriously enhance your winter training!
1. improved flexibility and core strength can help to prevent injury - meaning it's more likely you will be on the start line for that spring marathon!
2. you'll feel super energised - just what you need to battle the long dark nights and keep up with your training!
3. better posture - good posture can help improve your running form and efficiency, aka free speed!
4. improved lung capacity - breath more slowly and deeply and you will relax, which means your performance will improve!
5. it will get you in the zone - with enough practice yoga can help you achieve a state of flow and get 'in the zone' on race day. (Olga wrote a great article on this)
Hot Bikram Yoga will be leading the cool down (warm up?!) at London Winter Run on 1 February 2015. Don't forget, you can get £3 off your entry with the code KISDISCOUNT.
I was invited along to this event by Human Race to celebrate London Winter Run but, as always, the opinions are all my own.